Last Modified: December 29, 2020- Effective Date: December 29, 2020
We may collect certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to name, address, telephone number, and email address. We may also collect your credit card information and billing address when you provide us with such information. We store this information on a secure and protected server.
The Web Site may use third party products and services to gather anonymous traffic statistics using cookies and web beacons. A cookie is a small piece of information stored with your browser that helps web sites and multiple servers recognize you. Our third-party service providers may also use pixels, or transparent GIF files, for web site management and user tracking.
We transmit non-personally identifiable user information about visitors to the servers of reputable third parties, for the purpose of targeting our internet banner advertisements on other sites. To do this, we use web beacons in conjunction with cookie level data. To opt out of having non-personal information or cookies used to target ads to you by the party service providers, please
Click Here .
Spa and Equipment.com DOES NOT sell or market your valuable personal information to any other company. Your information will only be used to complete repeat orders and to offer you the latest in our inventory direct to you, our client base. We may share your personal information with select marketing partners, the likes of American Express, who have partnered with us to cross-promote their brand services in association with our products. You will see their logo and brand on some of our products. We may find it beneficial to share specific data with our trusted partners in an effort to conduct statistical analysis as it relates to these cross-promotional product offerings on our website. We will enable those entities to contact you regarding their products and services. If you prefer not to share your mailing address, please email email@example.com.
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests and enhance customer experience.
- To quickly process your transactions and fulfill orders.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- Redeem Gift Cards or Merchandise Credits
- Warranty Management
- Cross-Promote services of our marketing partners
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place order(s) or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use "cookies"?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include
www.skinact.com. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
We will comply with law and protect against fraud. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information for any reason if, in its sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including to credit agencies, collection agencies, merchant database agencies, or law enforcement; for litigation purposes; to satisfy laws or regulations, such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, the Child Online Privacy Act; or pursuant to governmental requests for such information. We may collect and possibly share personally identifiable information and any other information available to us, in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or as otherwise required by law. We may also disclose personal information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our contracts, policies or procedures. Finally, we may also exchange information, including personally identifiable information, with other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Social Media Sharing
The website may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools, which let you share information you provide via the website with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature.
The fact the we link to or provide integrated tools for sharing with social media sites is not an endorsement, authorization, or representation of our affiliation with that social media site, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. The collection or processing of your information as a result of any social sharing is governed by the agreements and privacy policies of such other social platform, not us, and you should review and approve your information, rights and preferences with such other platform(s).
A Note To Parents and Children under 13
We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of children. Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 13 and we ask that they not use the Website. We do not purposefully or knowingly solicit or collect any information – including Personal Information – from children under the age of 13. We expect all information provided by online users to be truthful and correct regarding age.
If a parent or guardian becomes aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, the parent or guardian should contact us, and we will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
- Website : www.skinact.com
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person: Skin Act, 10464 Ilex Avenue, Pacoima, CA 91331
- Phone: (800) 418-0830
Review or Request Changes to Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all Personal Information we collect is maintained as submitted by you to us, so that our records reflect your information for its intended purposes, which may include customer correspondence, compliance and legal considerations, auditing, security and fraud prevention, and preserving or defending our rights.
To update, correct and/or request to remove your Personal Information, please contact us:
Non-United States Data Protection Laws
Rights of EU Data Subjects
The European Union (EU) data protection law known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) give individuals in the EU more control over their Personal Information and regulate businesses that store Personal Information.
If the processing of your Personal Information is subject to the GDPR, whenever we use or share your Personal Information, we ensure that we have identified a legal basis under which such processing may occur. As described in more detail in the How We Use the Information We Collect section above, when we use your Personal Information in connection with a request, order, transaction, or to provide you with services that you requested (such as the use of the Website or App or to register for events), we do this because it is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you.
Furthermore, to the extent the GDPR is implicated, where we use your Personal Information in relation to improvement, development, or marketing of our products or services, for reasons of safety and security or to satisfy regulatory requirements, of the United States, you have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”).
- Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you (though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us).
- Request erasure of your Personal Information:
- Where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it or where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Information to comply with local law
- Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which you will be notified of, if applicable, at the time of your request
- Object to processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental right and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Information in the following scenarios: \
- (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy;
- (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- (c) where you need to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or
- (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the unlawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. You will not have to pay a fee access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request id clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
In order to exercise your rights under the GDPR, please contact us using the information provided in the How to Contact Us section. Please put the statement “GDPR Privacy Rights” in the subject line of your request and include your name, country or region, and enough information to allow us to respond to your request on the body of your email.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure that Personal Information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate request within a reasonable time period, generally one month, depending on the complexity of the request.
For our users located in the European Union or the European Economic Area, if you feel that, after reaching out to us with your question or concerns, you have not received a satisfactory response, you have the option to contact your country’s Data Protection Authority (“DPA”) or similar regulatory body. To find contact information for your country’s DPA or similar body, please refer the list provided on the website of the European Commission.
Your California Privacy Rights
As a California resident, you can request from a business with whom you have an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information. More specifically, pursuant to California Consumer Privacy Act, Section 1798.100 et seq. of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to (1) know what personal data is collected from them (2) Know whether their personal data is sold or disclosed and to whom (3) Say “No” to the sale of personal data (4) Access their personal data (5) Request a business to delete any personal information about a consumer collected from that consumer and (6) not be discriminated against for exercising their privacy rights. To request a copy of the information disclosure, please write to us at our contact page or email us at email@example.com.
Please allow up to 30 days for us to process your request. You may submit such a request once per year.
How to Contact Us
If you have questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site or your dealings with this site, please contact us via
Questions & Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only